Thursday, 22 April 2010

Technique Experimentation Part 1

I said in my previous post that I wanted to experiment more with my scrapbooking, well yesterday I thought I'd break out the paints stamp and glue and had a play. First I made a background for a layout using some new stamps from Paperartsy, here is the cardstock background before:
(DCWV 12x12)
I started with a large number background stamped in black StazOn, then I used shades of lilac VersaColor ink pads directly on the cardstock to create a mottles affect, I then stamped through punchinella using VersaColor in magenta. Using Anita's acrylic paint in Fuchsia i stamped with bubble wrap. I stamped the large number background again, before flicking Black, Fuchsia and Baby Pink paint using an old toothbrush across the page. I also stamped the coffee ring stamp with silver ink and then the text stamp that PaperArtsy very kindly sent with my order with black ink. Here is the layout that I finished today:
The patterned paper is the reverse of a Sassafras paper, I made the clock from a magazine page stuck onto the back of a notebook and then the batons are made from the exclamation marks from three sets of Thickers. I used gesso to add more texture through some more punchinella and then attached it to the layout with staples. I used the leftover ring from my double-sided tape to stamp more circles with black paint, then added the title and journaling.

This second layout I made yesterday about my favourite magazine Nylon using pages from the actual magazine collaged onto the cardstock, then I stamped using bubble wrap and Fuchsia paint as well as painting through punchinella. I also used rub-ons, gems, buttons and sequins to decorate the page. The title was cut from a magazine page and mounted on cardstock to make it more sturdy.

1 comment:

  1. Helen, your layouts are an inspiration! You are never afraid to experiment - with such fantastic results! I am soooo impressed with these - thanks for showing them to us!